Associate Scientist, Microbiology:
This individual functions independently and productively as a Microbiologist and is actively engaged in upstream and downstream process and product development within a dynamic project team. Displays strong technical knowledge, initiative and scientific commitment, and makes significant scientific and technical contributions within Process Development Group.
Has considerable knowledge/expertise relevant to Microbiology, large scale fermentation, bacteriophage, recombinant proteins, , Viruses/VLPs. Knowledge/expertise should be practical and focused on lab-related activities:
- Microbiological techniques, including protein expression and purification methods, serology, bacteriophage and prophage characterization
- Molecular biology
(DNA and RNA isolation, RT-PCR, real-time RT-PCR, qPCR, transfection, cloning, etc.)
- General and specific analytical methods
(electrophoresis, spectrophotometry, microscopy, assay development, etc.)
- Documentation, data analysis, good communication skills.
Implement knowledge/expertise to successfully execute specific aspects of a project:
- Expression of specific protein molecules
- Primary recovery of the cell paste, inclusion bodies and specific proteins
- Purification of proteins, VLPs, replicon particles
- Understanding of veterinary microbiology including characterization of bacterial isolates, prophages, and bacteriophages
- Participation in decision-making processes within the project team by actively engaging in scientific and technical discussions
Scientific & Technical Leadership
- Builds credibility within lab group by performing high quality work.
- Effectively communicates results of own work though scientific meetings, presentations, discussions and documentation with some input from supervisor.
- Minimum supervision required on day-to-day activities and accomplished tasks.
- Supervisory input focused on status and future of project or technical area and long-term development path.
Education and Previous Experience
- M.S. or B.S. with 3-5 years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry, in focus areas of Microbiology, Biology, Molecular Biology, Immunology, or related field.
- The ability to work in team oriented environment is essential, as this person will work closely with other members of Process Development Group and participate on multidisciplinary project teams.
Primary candidates ONLY. No recruiting agencies.
Interested parties are encouraged to mail their CV with a cover letter to:
Paragon Bioservices, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
801 W Baltimore St
Baltimore, MD 21201