Associate Scientist, Scientist, Sr. Scientist Upstream Development:
This individual has hands-on experience in fermentation and/or cell cultivation and functions independently and productively as an Upstream Process Development scientist and is actively engaged in process and product development within a dynamic project team. Displays strong technical knowledge, initiative and scientific commitment, and makes significant scientific and technical contributions within Process Development Group.
Has considerable knowledge and practical expertise in Fermentation and Cell Cultivation Process Development (indicate in resume your hands-on experience with following scales: small scale HTS systems, shake flasks, 2, 10, 50 100, 200, 500L or larger fermenters/reactors). Knowledge/expertise should be practical and focused on lab-related activities:
- Upstream process Development support. Basic cell culture handling, protein expression and purification methods
- Protein biochemistry (protein folding, protein degradation, aggregation, etc)
- General analytical methods applicable for proteins (HPLC, electrophoresis, assay development, etc)
- Instrument care, maintenance, troubleshooting and data interpretationDocument writing, data interpretation, presentation, statistical analysis and trending.
Implement knowledge/expertise to successfully execute specific aspects of a project:
- Expression of specific protein molecule(s)
- Primary recovery of the cell paste, inclusion bodies and specific proteins
- Interacting with appropriate analytical and downstream functional areas to determine appropriate method for protein expression
- Participation in decision-making processes within the project team by actively engaging in scientific and technical discussions
Scientific & Technical Leadership
- Builds credibility within lab group by performing high quality work.
- Expands the technical capabilities of Process Development Group, such as technology development, use of the literature and systems development
- Teaches others regarding their expertise, mentoring and training other members of Process Development Group as regards to day-to-day lab goals and activities.
- Effectively communicates results of own work though scientific meetings, presentations, discussions and documentation with some input from supervisor.
- Minimum supervision required on day-to-day activities and accomplished tasks.
- Supervisory input focused on status and future of project or technical area and long-term development path.
- May have formal supervisory responsibilities, in which case the individual must create goals and development plans for direct reports, and be responsible for teaching, guiding, mentoring direct report(s).
Education and Previous Experience
- B.S., M.S., Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Biology, Life Sciences or related field, with 2-5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry or academia.
- A record of publications in internationally recognized journals is desirable.
- The ability to work in team oriented environment is essential, as this person will work closely with other members of Process Development Group and participate on multidisciplinary project teams.
Primary candidates ONLY. No recruiting agencies.
Interested parties are encouraged to mail their CV with a cover letter to:
Paragon Bioservices, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
801 W Baltimore St
Baltimore, MD 21201